Da Mek Shop Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Inquisition War Is Coming, Have you the Faith to Survive?

Author Topic: Escalation Interest  (Read 562 times)

Mexican_Ninja

Escalation Interest
« on: September 13, 2015, 09:45:10 PM »

Who would be interested in an Age of Sigmar escalation league?  I am thinking of starting this in January.  I don't want this to conflict with Brandon's 40K Campaign.

I will be testing out comp systems, rules, custom scenarios, etc.  I would love to test these out with the local community.  This would give me the best feed back needed to run a much better league.

Griskin

• Warmachine Tourney Team
Re: Escalation Interest
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 10:13:47 PM »

Unless they start making a bunch new armies(or updates to the existing factions other than basing) I am not interested in Escalation although a League/Campaign with a narrative would be of interest custom scenarios would be fun but I am not really interested in playing a comp system for the game I would rather learn old Fantasy or Kings of War 2.0.

Also Brandon's 40k Campaign reads like its going to last 6 months or so which will take it well past January. Unless the time frame gets truncated.

Mexican_Ninja

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 10:38:13 PM »

@Griskin, thank you for the response.  Unfortunately, there will be a comp system in play for the AoS league (if there is one).
« Last Edit: September 14, 2015, 03:26:36 PM by Mexican_Ninja »

allan

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2015, 12:34:22 AM »

Hi Art

I would be interested in a AOS Escalation league in Jan if one gets started I should be back in Oregon by then.
allan

Mexican_Ninja

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2015, 01:06:54 AM »

Hi Art

I would be interested in a AOS Escalation league in Jan if one gets started I should be back in Oregon by then.
allan

Awesome, I'm testing out a comp system right now that is pretty legit.  I'm hoping we can get something going.  I'm going to post a banner at Castle, I got approval from them, in November to let other people know that it will be starting.  Hopefully we can pull some people out of hiding in the area.

Chapel

• Da Big Mek
  • Administrator
  • The Inquisition is always watching....
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2015, 12:13:13 PM »

I can coordinate with Art, there's no reason we can't have two leagues going on at the same time. Mine isn't intended to take up a ton of time and isn't listed for every weekend or anything. I might some down and watch some of this, as I have a little interest with skaven, but I really don't want to buy a bunch of new stuff for fantasy.

Do the old models translate over much? I know it's a whole new game, but I haven't looked into the warscrolls for existing stuff yet.

Mexican_Ninja

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2015, 02:02:51 PM »

I can coordinate with Art, there's no reason we can't have two leagues going on at the same time. Mine isn't intended to take up a ton of time and isn't listed for every weekend or anything. I might some down and watch some of this, as I have a little interest with skaven, but I really don't want to buy a bunch of new stuff for fantasy.

Do the old models translate over much? I know it's a whole new game, but I haven't looked into the warscrolls for existing stuff yet.

All of the models translated over to Age of Sigmar.  I haven't looked at the Skaven scrolls yet though.

krins

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 10:43:30 PM »

I know this is a super deep threadnecro and I play chaos so I shouldn't have that command ability... but Escalation to rope in those delightful 40k guys/Encourage me to man up and put paint to plastic?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 10:45:17 PM by krins »
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.

Mexican_Ninja

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2017, 04:13:15 PM »

I know this is a super deep threadnecro and I play chaos so I shouldn't have that command ability... but Escalation to rope in those delightful 40k guys/Encourage me to man up and put paint to plastic?

I'm going to revisit this after the LVO.  I posted this when I was living in the area.  I'm in Salem now.

Cthulhu

• ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2017, 05:12:48 PM »

I'm interested in some AoS escalation! Let me know how this goes!
Overlord of the Underworld of Underworldly Overlordness.

Mexican_Ninja

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2017, 01:37:09 AM »

Sooooo, most likely.  This won't happen until after April.  I will be gone for about a month for work.  I want to do some research on this and talk with Castle, Brandon, and a few others about setting this up to help promote AoS and Castle.

krins

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2017, 01:40:38 AM »

Oh it's no rush, just excited to be excited!
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.