Da Mek Shop Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Inquisition War Is Coming, Have you the Faith to Survive?

Author Topic: Tournament comp for GW ran tournament at warhammer world  (Read 261 times)

Mexican_Ninja

Re: Tournament comp for GW ran tournament at warhammer world
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2015, 09:16:27 PM »

I lost interest at the mention of GW mini's only.  Most of the people I played up north used non-GW minis.  My rangers in my dwarf army aren't GW but look better than the quarreler kit.

Griskin

• Warmachine Tourney Team
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 09:55:26 PM »

I lost interest at the mention of GW mini's only.  Most of the people I played up north used non-GW minis.  My rangers in my dwarf army aren't GW but look better than the quarreler kit.
I believe this follows the floor rules for Warhammer World which last time I read them(granted sometime ago) it requires you to use only GW minis in addition to playing fully painted/based this brings a certain aesthetic to the game table. I would go on to say just because a number of other people are doing it doesn't not make it justifiable. It would be more appropriate to balk at GW's poorly written rules than to say oh damn they want me to play with the model they make in their events.

Mexican_Ninja

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2015, 10:25:49 PM »

I believe this follows the floor rules for Warhammer World which last time I read them(granted sometime ago) it requires you to use only GW minis in addition to playing fully painted/based this brings a certain aesthetic to the game table. I would go on to say just because a number of other people are doing it doesn't not make it justifiable. It would be more appropriate to balk at GW's poorly written rules than to say oh damn they want me to play with the model they make in their events.

That's fine, balk at the rules.  I'll balk at the mini thing.  The number of people I happen to be talking about make up the North West Region for the Masters (Oregon, Washington, and Canada).  It's a little more than just 12 people.  Heck, even the people I have played with from California, from Black Sheep and Ordo events, have models not produced by GW.

So, while you don't think it's an appropriate balk, I will disagree.  Like I stated, I lost interest.  I didn't say it was dumb or that people shouldn't support it.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 10:30:04 PM by Mexican_Ninja »