Da Mek Shop Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Inquisition War Is Coming, Have you the Faith to Survive?

Author Topic: List questions.  (Read 169 times)

Cthulhu

• ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
List questions.
« on: December 22, 2016, 07:16:21 PM »

Just curious as to the style in which y'all generally build your lists for AoS? Do y'all typically go by points values or by wounds counts or what? Or does it just depend on what you and your opponent decide before a game? And for either answer, what are common values chosen(I.e. 3000pts or 200wounds or whatnot)?
Overlord of the Underworld of Underworldly Overlordness.

uatu13

Re: List questions.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 07:48:44 PM »

We don't currently have too much of a standard since AOS is just getting started in the area. I think the Generals Handbook and using point values definitely has gone a long way towards making the game more balanced, so I'm sure points will replace a wound count or the general "take what you  have" way AOS started with. I think smaller learning games around 1000-1500 isn't a bad place to start, but AOS can scale up pretty quickly and is a fairly fast game, so I think around 2000 or so might become the standard for pickup games.
Visit my store - The Forge: Warhammer Hobby Store, for tons of great deals on 40K, Age Of Sigmar, and everything Games Workshop!

Check out or website at TheForgeWHS.com for monthly specials, call at (541) 689-8435, and visit us at 1851 River Rd. in Eugene, Oregon!

Cthulhu

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 08:09:07 PM »

I figured such would be the case! I'm just glad I will be retrieving enough models from my visit home next month to field up to 3,000 no problem! Haha  :P
I figure smaller pts values for learning games is great, but I really can't wait to jump back in full force and get some bigger games going! I absolutely love the dynamics of large games and how long they tend to last! One of my favorite parts of playing warhammer in the past was how one or two games could end up taking up the greater portion of a whole night to a whole day! Seriously can't wait to get going on some awesomeness in both AoS and 40k!!

Mexican_Ninja

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 03:53:43 AM »

1000 points is a great learning value.  You only need 2 battle line and there's not many behemoths at that value and you don't need to worry about the majority of the big nasty named leaders.

Mexican_Ninja

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 08:53:12 PM »

What do you play?  I have a huge Dark Aelves collection, a moderate Duardin, and I'm currently starting Beastclaw Raiders.

Cthulhu

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 10:43:40 PM »

I have a massive chaos army back home which I will be retrieving next month. Have enough models to field roughly 10,000 pts but will probably bring back around 3-5,000pts of models unless I can figure an efficient way to ship my entire old red limited edition army transport box up here.
I figure my new list will be mostly mortals(slaves to darkness) plus a bit of Daemons(bloodletters and skulltaker) and a tiny splash of khorne blood bound for the bloodsecrator and a unit of blood warriors. I'm a big fan of Khorne.
Blood for the Blood God and Skulls for his throne!