Da Mek Shop Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Inquisition War Is Coming, Have you the Faith to Survive?

Author Topic: Skaven List  (Read 130 times)

krins

Skaven List
« on: January 18, 2017, 11:44:19 PM »

Looking to put together a decent 2k point list so I can prioritize painting and what not.  Figured I would see what people think of what I have so far/what I should add or substitute out.

Heroes-
Arch-Warlock (coming in February) 140 (Mageness plus the earliest power armor)
Chieftain with Battle Standard 140 (Because battleshock is for peasants... also stealing Gnash-Gnaw is fun)
Warlord 100 General (Just for Gnash-Gnaw really)
Packmaster x2  120 (For reminding the Rat Ogors or Hellpit who they really are.)

TOTAL 500

Battleline-
Clanrats with spears x20   120
Clanrats with spears x20   120
Clanrats with hand weapons x 30 180 (Look how many dudes can get in the way)

TOTAL 420

Other Units-
Warpfire Thrower Team x2  120 (Look how many dudes will get cooked for having been caught in the clanrat trap)
Rat Ogors x6  360 (Because sometimes an electrocuted Ogor/Rat Hybrid is the right answer)
Warplock Jezzails  140 (Artillery) (I don't feel the need to explain why very large firearms are cool)
Poisoned Wind Mortar x2 120 (Because its the other ranged option I own and it lets me ignore LOS sometimes)

TOTAL 740

Behemoths-
Hellpit Abomination 300 (We went through the trouble of fusing like 12 giants rats around a machine, we are bringing him)

TOTAL 300

GRAND TOTAL 1960 with 3 battlelines, 5 heroes, 1 artillery, 1 behemoth

Purchase suggestions, removals, additions, general hatred for Skaven all welcome.  No battalions or crazy special rules, just a horde of unpleasant, furry psychopaths.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 08:52:54 PM by krins »
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.

Cthulhu

• ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: Skaven List
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 03:49:18 AM »

*insert general hatred for skaven* "RAAAAATS!!!! RAAAATS! WHYD IT HAVE TO BE RAAAAAAAAAAAAATS?!?!?!?"
Overlord of the Underworld of Underworldly Overlordness.

Griskin

• Warmachine Tourney Team
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 04:01:08 AM »

I have very little idea what's good for skaven, but if you want to try it out you can fight my bad 'elf' list. Oh yes and [insert scathing hatred for all things rats here] because, because elves!

Cthulhu

• ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 07:23:42 AM »

I have very little idea what's good for skaven, but if you want to try it out you can fight my bad 'elf' list. Oh yes and [insert scathing hatred for all things rats here] because, because elves!
And two weeks from today I will have my khorne army from back home to play age of sigmar with all ya salty sea dogs(or rather, rats)! Can't wait to play against y'all with my own minis(finally!)!
Overlord of the Underworld of Underworldly Overlordness.

allan

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 08:35:32 PM »

This looks like a good list it can cover a lot of area and really slow other armies down while you set them
up for the kill.
allan

Mexican_Ninja

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 10:25:11 PM »

I really feel that units of 20 clanrats are too weak.  30-40 is a good number.  Looks like a fun list though.

krins

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 11:26:18 PM »

I am wrestling with dropping one unit of rat ogors to round out the spear clanrats to 30 a piece.  It is clear 80 clanrats (40 spears/40 hand weapons) isn't enough, so they will go on to buy list for February.  I feel like I need more spreading mortal wound insanity, but the Hellpit Abomination devours a lot of points quickly.  Maybe I can find a way to drop out a couple things and run a warp lightning cannon.  Part of me wants to drop the Hellpit all together and run one of the many flavor of verminlords... Decisions, Decisions.  I will try this list minus one arch-warlock + a warlock engineer on Saturday and let you guys know how it went.
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.