Da Mek Shop Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Warhammer 40K on Saturday at Castle of Games!

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 182 times)

MrMonge

Hello
« on: January 30, 2017, 02:36:01 AM »

My son and I started playing at the store. Saturday was out first day. It was super fun. Thank you everyone that played and helped us out.

We can't make it on the 4th, but should be back on the 11th.

I'm reworking my guard, and my son is working on his Space Marine army. We could always use any advice and would't mind buying up any spare/old figures anyone has.

See you soon.

Griskin

• Warmachine Tourney Team
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2017, 03:34:18 AM »

Hey welcome to the community. For new players the "Start Collecting!" and "armored assault" boxes are a great deal. If you could list your current collection and style of play your going for it would be easy to offer more specific advice. Hope to see you on the 11th.

uatu13

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2017, 06:15:10 AM »

Welcome, and thanks for the game Saturday! I'll definitely be up for games in the future, and if you need to borrow anything let me know.
Visit my store - The Forge: Warhammer Hobby Store, for tons of great deals on 40K, Age Of Sigmar, and everything Games Workshop!

Check out or website at TheForgeWHS.com for monthly specials, call at (541) 689-8435, and visit us at 1851 River Rd. in Eugene, Oregon!

Stacks

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2017, 06:28:12 AM »

Hey, welcome to the forums. I was the guy you gave your business card to.

I'll make sure to dredge out those older second gen Space Marines for your son that we talked about from their current simple green tomb sometime before the 11th. They're monopose and aren't super detailed, but they might be useful for beefing up the ranks or alternately as throwaway minis for painting practice. If you guys don't mind that they'll probably still have a hint of floor cleaner smell to them they're all yours. I'll have to see the condition of the Guard vehicles I've got as well.

Good to see more Imperium players fighting the good fight against the xenos hordes.

Herodocles

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 09:46:15 AM »

Welcome to the boards  :)

krins

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 10:26:48 PM »

Welcome! It was awesome to see new faces.  Your son seemed super excited about hobbying it up, made me more excited about it too.  Looking forward to more positive experiences in the grim dark future!
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.