Da Mek Shop Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Inquisition War Is Coming, Have you the Faith to Survive?

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: weekday Age of Sigmar Games  (Read 728 times)

krins

Re: weekday Age of Sigmar Games
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2017, 10:37:07 PM »

It is my day off.  Just tell me what time to be there and I will be fashionably late regardless.
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.

allan

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2017, 03:35:18 AM »

I can be there around 1:00 Thursday and I will bring 2500 points that can be paired down quickly.
See you guys there.
Allan

Griskin

• Warmachine Tourney Team
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2017, 04:09:32 AM »

Around 1 sounds like a good time I will try to be there around then will post if I am + or -.

Cthulhu

• ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2017, 04:34:36 AM »

Sweet sounds good to me! I will try and be there around one if not a little earlier.
Overlord of the Underworld of Underworldly Overlordness.

krins

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2017, 12:17:03 AM »

I will aim to be there around 1.  I am expecting delivery of a couple warp lightning cannons on Thursday morning, but UPS swears they will be here by 10am on the tracking still.  I might run late if they do though, I need a lot more hot mortal wound shooting goodness...
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.

Griskin

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2017, 03:08:31 AM »

I picked up my other Reavers today so good for my battleline choices, and I think I have to many archers. If anyone out there happens to want to swap high elf spear men for archers let me know.

krins

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2017, 03:44:27 AM »

You would never catch me running regular old spearmen in a high elf list.  Too many good cavalry (silver helms can battleline, dragon princes, reavers for a far better battleline, they are broken Tau in disguise JSJing around) and monsters (those phoenixes can literally go to hell, free rider for stupid ward saves... literally the single best unit upgrade in the game imo and that doesn't even address mages on dragons etc.  Even the gryphon isn't a pleasant dude. 9 attacks from the model at death's door).  If I ran any true infantry it would be Spireguard for flexibility or Swordmasters for their "lul what even do you do" effect/Put us near literally anything with a banner and pointy ears and we have the same Bravery as a literal DEMIGOD from our book.  Put a Loremaster in there for the "are you actually serious he is a mage? and what is his unique spell? And the same sword as the other Sword dudes?  yeah I concede" and you won't have room to miss ratchet spearmen.

My list would be

Frost Phoenix with Anointed L+B
Flame phoenix with anointed L+B
High Warden L+B
Loremaster L

reavers (5) BL
reavers (5) BL
reavers (5) BL
Swordmasters (5)
Swordmasters (5)

Bolt Thrower
Bolt Thrower

1980/2000 and leaves you perfect points to swap the Loremaster for an Archmage if you need Shield of Saphry for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 04:08:29 AM by krins »
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.

Griskin

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2017, 04:34:49 AM »

There is merit to what your saying but it's more of a logistical thing if I were to run spear men I have about 20 less than I want and I certainly have 20 more archers than I need but yea should get some phoenix(plural?) mabye a dragon. But I really like the idea of eagles and sky boats too. Either case being a pain to transport.

krins

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2017, 02:30:31 PM »

Hey guys, it is kinda unlikely I will be there for a game today.  I woke up with a stomach bug and I'm sure you wouldn't want me to share it along with my steaming hot, mortal wound goodness.  I will probably pop by for 10 seconds to get some grey primer and to say whats up, but I won't be staying long.
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.

Griskin

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2017, 02:44:16 PM »

Unfortunate. I should be on time.

Cthulhu

« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2017, 03:22:00 PM »

Sorry to hear that krins. Hope you feel better. I should be on time too.

Cthulhu

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2017, 05:15:22 AM »

Thanks for the game today Allan! It was a ton of fun playing against those lizards!

allan

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »

;D It sure was a good game I had a lot of fun.  But I warn you now I hear a lot of rumbling from the rank and file of REVENGE, REVENGE.
Allan   

Mexican_Ninja

« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2017, 09:41:04 PM »

You would never catch me running regular old spearmen in a high elf list.  Too many good cavalry (silver helms can battleline, dragon princes, reavers for a far better battleline, they are broken Tau in disguise JSJing around) and monsters (those phoenixes can literally go to hell, free rider for stupid ward saves... literally the single best unit upgrade in the game imo and that doesn't even address mages on dragons etc.  Even the gryphon isn't a pleasant dude. 9 attacks from the model at death's door).  If I ran any true infantry it would be Spireguard for flexibility or Swordmasters for their "lul what even do you do" effect/Put us near literally anything with a banner and pointy ears and we have the same Bravery as a literal DEMIGOD from our book.  Put a Loremaster in there for the "are you actually serious he is a mage? and what is his unique spell? And the same sword as the other Sword dudes?  yeah I concede" and you won't have room to miss ratchet spearmen.

My list would be

Frost Phoenix with Anointed L+B
Flame phoenix with anointed L+B
High Warden L+B
Loremaster L

reavers (5) BL
reavers (5) BL
reavers (5) BL
Swordmasters (5)
Swordmasters (5)

Bolt Thrower
Bolt Thrower

1980/2000 and leaves you perfect points to swap the Loremaster for an Archmage if you need Shield of Saphry for some reason.

I would recommend swapping the bolt throwers for Dark Elf reaper bolt throwers.  They are 100% better due to the extra damage on a roll of a 6.  Use the loremaster spell on the bolt thrower model and you get to re-roll those hits and wounds.  Keep in mind that if you're playing matched play you will need reserve points for the anointed on pheonix to come back to life.  he's still a great option, just an fyi on that rule.

The list I'm working on is pretty similar to this one.  Reavers are amazing.

krins

« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2017, 10:43:23 PM »

Yeesh, you have a serious point.  I had never looked at many of the dark elf scrolls, but the reaper is like a direct upgrade to the elven version.  The literal only upside (and I am using the term upside loosely, more like downgrade to be honest) to the elven one is the single shot Ithilmar bolt... I can't think of a scenario where I would prefer it though... except maybe like... counter-seraphon with their ignore rend except -2 or better shields to attempt to chunk out an Oldblood or something?

I had no idea about the resurrection reserve point rule.  That might vaguely change my opinion, it is still a freebie 4+ ward save though right?  That definitely still sounds pretty dope to me with all the hot, mortal wound slathered action people can bring to bear.  Could you run an Anointed for the save, not reserve points and ignore the resurrection rule?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:48:51 PM by krins »
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.
Pages: 1 [2] 3