Da Mek Shop Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Inquisition War Is Coming, Have you the Faith to Survive?

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: weekday Age of Sigmar Games  (Read 729 times)

Mexican_Ninja

Re: weekday Age of Sigmar Games
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2017, 10:51:14 PM »

Yeesh, you have a serious point.  I had never looked at many of the dark elf scrolls, but the reaper is like a direct upgrade to the elven version.  The literal only upside (and I am using the term upside loosely, more like downgrade to be honest) to the elven one is the single shot Ithilmar bolt... I can't think of a scenario where I would prefer it though... except maybe like... counter-seraphon with their ignore rend except -2 or better shields to attempt to chunk out an Oldblood or something?

I had no idea about the resurrection reserve point rule.  That might vaguely change my opinion, it is still a freebie 4+ ward save though right?  That definitely still sounds pretty dope to me with all the hot, mortal wound slathered action people can bring to bear.

Would you really chance 1 bolt shot instead of shooting something 12 times?  With the loremaster buff you are greatly enhancing your hits and wounds and with the rerolls possibly more 6's for 2 damage instead of 1 with the reaper bolt thrower.

The anointed on phoenix is still a great model.  A 5+/4+ is amazing.  That 4+ to ignore all wounds is amazing.  Have you considered 10 phoenix guard instead of 2 units of 5 swordsmen?  The phoenix guard can stand in place a lot longer than those swordsmen.  The one area you are lacking is a big unit to hold down objectives.  Most missions want you to have the most models within the objective.  Swordmasters will die much faster than the pheonix guard.

krins

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2017, 10:53:24 PM »

I haven't considered much of anything elvish, as I consider the pointy eared to be pansies.  I just wanted to voice how water-flavored spearmen were compared to the Indian spice market that is the high elf list.  Now that I read up on Phoenix Guard, they are way better than Swordmasters.  I thought the whole deflecting shots thing was sweet, but Witness to Destiny is the best rule in their whole book and Phoenix Guard get it while also sharing the "Hey guys I see a banner over there, we are all as brave as Tyrion now"

I am still trying to convince my Skaven to beat anyone ever before I get to army #2.  Maybe next month when stormvermin #11-30 show up...
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:58:49 PM by krins »
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.

Griskin

• Warmachine Tourney Team
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2017, 11:55:11 PM »

Keep in mind that if you're playing matched play you will need reserve points for the anointed on pheonix to come back to life.  he's still a great option, just an fyi on that rule.
If that's true that's terrible. Why would anyone want to pay points costs for a 50% chance of the model to come back when you could just buy another one? That aside if reading even close to RAW the Phoenix isn't replaced it's "reborn with all its wounds restored", wounds restored sounds an awful lot like it's the same model not a different one.

At 1500 I would probably run something like this;

Reavers
Reavers
Reavers
Reavers
Dragon Noble
Sea Helm
Sea Guard 30
Archers 30

Dude blobs in the middle Reavers on flanks, hope to go second so my opponent doesn't get the turn flip to soon where all the shooting units crumple on charges. Could probably take the Dragon Noble out for more Archers and make 20/20 units but have to get the alpha if one dies losing bonuses hurts.

Mexican_Ninja

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2017, 12:02:39 AM »

Here's the High Elf list I'm building:

Dragonlord- Mortal wounds in shooting phase, re-roll saves, high damage output, mobile
Anointed on Flame Phoenix- Mortal wounds for moving over stuff, 4+ save to negate wounds and mortal wounds, mobile
Anointed- can unbind spells, command ability to allow phoenix guard to re-roll wound rolls
Loremaster- mystic shield on phoenix gives it a 3+/4+, or the dragon 1 3+ re-rollable, or a reaper bolt thrower re-rolls to all hits and wounds
20 Phoenix Guard- solid unit to hold down an objective, immune to battle shock while within 8" of an anointed
3 units of 5 Reavers- mobile shooting platform and objective grabbers for certain missions
2 reaper bolt throwers- 36" range shooting

This list has character for 3 places of power, 2 mobile leaders with good damage output and survivability, 69 shooting attacks, a unit that is extremely hard to shift, and the reavers could pounce on a different objective together.  It's not the greatest list out there, but with the upcoming changes with GHB2 this should be a decent list at least.
Pages: 1 2 [3]