Da Mek Shop Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Warhammer 40K on Saturday at Castle of Games!

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 174 times)

CrankyOldITGuy

Hello
« on: August 16, 2017, 12:51:30 AM »

Hello Mek Shop.

Lifelong Eugene area resident and Wahammer hobbyist since around 2003 (or whenever Eye of Terror was released).

8th edition has me interested again and hoping to actually finish an army and maybe even get to play my third game in the last 14 years.

Cheers!

Griskin

• Warmachine Tourney Team
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 01:12:36 AM »

Hello, welcome. We usually play at Castle of Games on Saturdays and it's a good time to find pick up games. But you can usually find games other times by posting in the 40k section. What army do you play?

Stacks

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 01:16:45 AM »

Hey, welcome to the forum.

I've only been playing since the end of 7th Edition, but I've been hearing about a lot of people who are getting back into the hobby due to the release of the new rules. What army are you working on? If you're still in the building and painting phase there's a recurring hobby night on Thursdays at Castle of Games in Springfield. There's a regular group of people that play Warhammer games there on Saturdays as well. We're a friendly lot so we don't mind doing learning games/lower point games to get new players up and running.

I burn Bridges

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 01:54:52 AM »

welcome man, i just got back into the game myself. ive only been able to get in 2 games with 8th, but both have been really fun. welcome to the fold haha. Saturdays tend to be bumpin at castle of games if you ever want to get a game in!

CrankyOldITGuy

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 02:17:09 AM »

Thanks all.

I work at the UO, so Castle of Games is a pretty easy stop once I get enough pieces together to field an army.

When I started a decade and a half ago, I jumped in with Lost and the Damned, which I quickly realized wasn't a great starter army and it never made it past the hobby table.

Trying something a bit more manageable this time. Been slowly collecting and trading over the years (still have a good chunk of Ogre Kingdoms and some Orks and Goblins) and now have about 2000-2500 points of Marines to finish assembling.

I'm taking care to model them will options so I can run them wysiwyg as Chaos - excommunicated loyalists or Alpha Legion masquerading to sow unrest or something like that. Basically, I really like chaos as an army, but far prefer the standard marine models without all the spikey bits.

Cheers!

Griskin

• Warmachine Tourney Team
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2017, 02:41:19 AM »

Sounds good. wysiwyg isn't strictly enforced although it is nice. Proxying and half assembled models are are perfectly fine if you want to get things on the table before they are fully assembled or to see which load out you want to build if your not going to magnetize stuff.

A number of us play Age of Sigmar as well if your interested in getting the Ogres, Orks, and Goblins on the table.

krins

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2017, 02:44:39 AM »

I reserve the right to ruthlessly glare at your Alpha Legion models, it is the Raven Guard way.  Always good to see new people around the table.
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.

Cthulhu

• ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 03:13:16 AM »

Welcome to the forum! Definitely can't agree more with all that's already been said! Definitely a friendly group of guys who get together on Saturdays and the occasional weekday games! Good to see another chaos player joining the ranks! I feel like loyalist models painted up in different ways or even in the traditional alpha legion scheme would be pretty awesome and with the new chaos codex alpha legion are very strong and get awesome relics and stratagems! Welcome to the fold!
Overlord of the Underworld of Underworldly Overlordness.

nofir

• EMINEM
    • nawyki powodujące zanikanie zmarszczek
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 09:32:22 AM »

Hi guys! Nice to meet you at this forum :)

Chapel

• Da Big Mek
  • Administrator
  • The Inquisition is always watching....
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 12:40:49 PM »

Hey welcome to the New Guys, glad to have more people joining in to the Eugene area wargamming community.
As mentioned, you've probably hit up a game store in town and they sent you to our forums here.
Always glad to get new players and meet new people!

This is an excellent place to ask questions regarding the games, modeling, rules, where to get good beers and grub...
Just about anything, arranging games etc.

We're all about having new players come in and most of us have several armies and are not usually opposed to someone even using some of our models for games to try out new stuff.
Come on in and meet some of the gang on Saturdays, or arrange a meet for a demo game or something.

We loosely try and do some hobby night stuff on Thursdays over at Castle of Games, sometimes get in a small game or two as well.

Hope to meet you both soon!

uatu13

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 01:31:45 PM »

Saturday at Castle is the official 40K day, but you can also post to get games in during the week. Come on down Saturday and check out the new edition, most of us are also OK with small/learning games if you need one as well.
Visit my store - The Forge: Warhammer Hobby Store, for tons of great deals on 40K, Age Of Sigmar, and everything Games Workshop!

Check out or website at TheForgeWHS.com for monthly specials, call at (541) 689-8435, and visit us at 1851 River Rd. in Eugene, Oregon!