Da Mek Shop Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Inquisition War Is Coming, Have you the Faith to Survive?

Author Topic: named characters gone?  (Read 75 times)

krins

named characters gone?
« on: September 08, 2017, 09:01:49 PM »

So I watched a doom and gloom video today about the warscroll compendium update.  Did they really get rid of/homogenize most of the named characters?  Queek headtaker is just a warlord?  Wth have you done GW?  I was looking to get back into my rats, but most of AoS is basically just herohammer for me.  If I have to say "and this warlord will..", instead of queek devours your face... I am just disinterested.
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.

uatu13

Re: named characters gone?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 11:11:48 PM »

I'm pretty sure they're still around, you just use the points cost from the 2016 book. They didn't include the legacy stuff in the 2017 update since it didn't really change.
Visit my store - The Forge: Warhammer Hobby Store, for tons of great deals on 40K, Age Of Sigmar, and everything Games Workshop!

Check out or website at TheForgeWHS.com for monthly specials, call at (541) 689-8435, and visit us at 1851 River Rd. in Eugene, Oregon!

krins

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:18:00 PM »

Hopefully.  The new skaven warscroll compendium seems pretty hard and fast that they are to be substituted for their generic alternatives.

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Compendiums/warhammer-aos-skaven-en.pdf
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.

uatu13

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 02:00:29 PM »

Maybe you'll have issues if you play in a tournament, but no one here is going to care, especially since these guys actually have rules.
Visit my store - The Forge: Warhammer Hobby Store, for tons of great deals on 40K, Age Of Sigmar, and everything Games Workshop!

Check out or website at TheForgeWHS.com for monthly specials, call at (541) 689-8435, and visit us at 1851 River Rd. in Eugene, Oregon!