Da Mek Shop Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Inquisition War Is Coming, Have you the Faith to Survive?

Author Topic: Christmas Tragedy  (Read 121 times)

Rasmus

Christmas Tragedy
« on: December 26, 2017, 01:14:10 AM »

Well, I was robbed (most likely by a relative) this Christmas while I was up at my Grandmother's house all day- stole a pair of controllers, a pile of games, headphones microphones, the change from my side-table dish, a couple 50's I had stashed in a drawer, my medication (non-narcotic but still).

And to top it all off, my toolbox full of paint and tools was dumped outside, with all the clippers and knives and files gone, couple of the pots smashed, and my minis were dumped on the ground out of their cardboard box. A few were stepped on but probably fixable with heat and creative glue-ing.

FUCK.

Chapel

• Da Big Mek
  • Administrator
  • The Inquisition is always watching....
Re: Christmas Tragedy
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 01:23:34 AM »

Oh man sorry to hear about that! That's horrible, especially during the holiday!
Hopefully the mini's will be fixable and obviously the other stuff had value too and perhaps it gets recovered.
Fortunately the clippers, knives, and files are replaceable. I'll throw in to help get you back on your feet with some tool donations.
I've got some spare tools to help a dude out.

Rasmus

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 01:32:21 AM »

Oh it's fine, I'm going to Eugene tomorrow to stop by the record shop so it's not a big deal for me to go get paint replacements and a wal-mart pair of clippers/x-acto knives. I have some larger wood files that work alright too for the sprue marks. Just needed to vent I guess.

uatu13

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 01:34:22 AM »

Man, that's awful to hear!  >:(

If you happen to be in town stop by and we can maybe figure out how to get you back on your feet with the hobby supplies and paints. Are most of the minis salvageable?
Visit my store - The Forge: Warhammer Hobby Store, for tons of great deals on 40K, Age Of Sigmar, and everything Games Workshop!

Check out or website at TheForgeWHS.com for monthly specials, call at (541) 689-8435, and visit us at 1851 River Rd. in Eugene, Oregon!

krins

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 01:36:15 AM »

I would like to take a moment to advertise I run a human removal service for the low price of a tarp and a steak dinner...

Very unfortunate to hear... I can spare an on sprue tactical squad if your boys simply won't fight anymore.
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.

Rasmus

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2017, 01:39:14 AM »

Yeah they're salvageable. I hadn't even primed most of them (The Primaris are the ones that got stepped on) so it'll all look fine. Am putting them back into order right now. Captain lost his iron halo though, poor fella, it's well too mangled. Otherwise they're all still fighting fit after a little super glue.

I'll be by to buy a couple pots of paint to replace the ones that I just had to clean off my driveway. No big loss, just a pretty serious invasion of privacy after all. Got in through the 9 ft high bathroom window. Tiny tiny window.

krins

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2017, 01:42:39 AM »

Oh hell no, they dared to step on the perfection that is a Primaris Marine...

I am sure (having been in a similar boat) it feels super crappy when your palace simply isn't after something like that.  Feels ultra bad on the holiday and what not.  Hopefully conscience and karma are unholy on the culprit...  It is rather impressive what someone will subject themselves to to get felonious... saw a guy on the news once who straight died from trying to lower himself from a high rise roof into a like... 20 somethingth floor apartment.  Apparently if, "man, stealing isn't a good idea" doesn't stop you... basically nothing but terminal velocity sidewalks will.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 01:45:08 AM by krins »
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.

Rasmus

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2017, 01:43:30 AM »

Also, hilariously, my Inceptor's flight stands somehow didn't break. One of them dropped his lil bolter but those little thin curved bits of plastic are just fine? A Sanguinala miracle.

Griskin

• Warmachine Tourney Team
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2017, 02:19:36 AM »

That's real unfortunate to hear. Someone must have a lot of malice to seal stuff on Christmas as well as break your stuff. Hopefully you can find all your dudes, but if you can't let me know I do have a starter set of DI that I was using for conversions so I have a bunch of extra single dudes if you need a few replacements?(one caveat I don't have the captain from the set anymore. But I may have suitable bits to replace his halo if you don't have something to work) I am also fairly good at restorations if you need help with anything let me know and we can arrange a time to meet up.

Shadowseer_Kim

• tsuchi kane ya iki wa taete mo tsukihi ari
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2017, 03:24:19 AM »

Sorry to hear about your minis and hobby supplies getting busted, Glad to hear most of the minis are salvageable.   Look for the post Christmas sale at Castle of Games if you need anything.

As for your other games, contact the stores which buy and sell used games with a list.  Most stores are good at looking out for stolen collections.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 05:09:33 AM by Shadowseer_Kim »

Cthulhu

• ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2017, 04:50:29 AM »

Glad to hear about your minis and hobby supplies getting busted.   Look for the post Christmas sale at Castle of Games if you need anything.

As for your other games, contact the stores which buy and sell used games with a list.  Most stores are good at looking out for stolen collections.

Wow...this is seriously an awful thing to say. Shameful self promotion. RUDE.

Sorry to hear about this man, people really suck and hopefully karma will get that thief whatís coming to them and all your stuff turn up. Having had a similar situation happen to me(not with warhammer but had close to $10,000 of Glass art stolen from my truck) I can tell you itís a really shitty feeling and glad to see youíre doing your best to keep your spirits up.
Overlord of the Underworld of Underworldly Overlordness.

Shadowseer_Kim

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2017, 04:59:42 AM »

[/quote]

Wow...this is seriously an awful thing to say. Shameful self promotion. RUDE.

[/quote]

Really didn't intend it that way.  If someone is trying to replace some things, I figured it is a good idea to mention any sales going on.   I have been in the position of needing to replace a bunch of things in the past due to theft, breakage, etc and paying full retail in times like that sucks.

Shadowseer_Kim

« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2017, 05:08:47 AM »

Holy Crap.. I am the worst typist ever when tired.. edited  Cthulhu, I gotcha man, outrage was justified there.  I had 2 thoughts in my head and combined two sentences.  One more reason a person should not text, visit forums while libations have been involved.

I also hope your thief gets what is coming to them.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 05:12:08 AM by Shadowseer_Kim »

Griskin

« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2017, 05:12:49 AM »

Holy Crap.. I am the worst typist ever when tired.. editted
Yes you are...I was wondering myself but I knew that couldn't be what you meant.

The sale seems like a really good one and a great way to close out the year everyone should take a look in the Buy, Sell & Trade for it.

Cthulhu

• ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2017, 05:22:46 PM »

Holy Crap.. I am the worst typist ever when tired.. edited  Cthulhu, I gotcha man, outrage was justified there.  I had 2 thoughts in my head and combined two sentences.  One more reason a person should not text, visit forums while libations have been involved.

I also hope your thief gets what is coming to them.

Glad to hear you recognize that, and glad that was not how you intended it.
Overlord of the Underworld of Underworldly Overlordness.