Da Mek Shop Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The Inquisition War Is Coming, Have you the Faith to Survive?

Author Topic: Eugene Infinity Community?  (Read 59 times)

CrankyOldITGuy

Eugene Infinity Community?
« on: January 06, 2018, 03:46:58 PM »

Hey all.

Curious what the local community is like for this Infinity I've never played the game, but would love a chance to watch or demo the system. From what I've read/seen Infinity looks like a mix of necromunda and squad leader (with maybe a little netrunner). Hopefully that statement isn't offensive to anyone, just trying to relate it to game systems I've played. :)

Is there a regular place/time for pickup games? Are their any particular factions that are underrepresented locally?

The Haqqislam models are what got me interested in the game, but if there is a healthy community, I'd also be interested in picking up something that adds some diversity.

Cheers!
Kevin

Griskin

• Warmachine Tourney Team
Re: Eugene Infinity Community?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2018, 11:33:32 PM »

Sunday's at Castle of Games for demos. We start at open and play 2 rounds of Games these days.

http://damekshop.com/forum/index.php?topic=2238.0
There was a bit of new player discussion in this thread that was recent.

If you have any questions after that just ask.

CrankyOldITGuy

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 04:02:23 PM »

Thanks Griskin.

I'll try to swing by in a few Sundays for a demo. Doesn CoGs sell Infinity (honesty always beeline to the GW section or board games and never noticed one way or the other). If not is there a recommended local or online retailer?

I was drawn to the hassassins for the light infantry, sneaky motif. Really liking French Ariadna for the same reasons and would be interested in investing that direction if it is a less represented faction (as mentioned in the thread you linked to).

Thanks again.
Kevin

krins

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 05:41:05 PM »

gamenerdz.com

That site has a lot of Infinity kits at a decent discount.
Raven Guard 3rd Company
"The Ghoststalkers"
Victorus Aut Mortis.

Griskin

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 06:48:54 PM »

Castle dose sell some Infinity I think it's over by the board game section, they also will order it if you want something. There may be a few less on the Haqqislam train since the Druze got their own sectorial and I think it's secondary faction for everyone who dose right now. No one is playing Ariadna right now, but I will build French at some point just because I like the Loup-Garou models but that won't necessary happen anytime soon as the new Druze stuff has my attention right now outside of the PanO I already play. A lot of the French models are dated where the Hassassins just got a few new boxes including the starter last year so that may be something to think about. In addition neither of them really has good TAG options and while they aren't mandatory they gain certain advantage in some of the ITS missions this season(so you may not be able to score full points with out one but still can win).

CrankyOldITGuy

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:10:27 PM »

Thanks everyone for all the info.

I found someone online getting rid of Red Veil, Beyond and some customer markers so it looks like I'll be starting with Haqq.

Works out well - my 6 year old saw me reading about Infinity the other night and was interested. Now he'll have a starter Yu Jing force to play with.

Now I'll just have to find a free Sunday to get down to CoG.

Thanks again.

Griskin

« Reply #6 on: Today at 05:20:47 PM »

Awesome. Just to let you know were are going to be starting up a bit of an escalation league starting on the 28th and running for 8 weeks, there isn't mandatory participation each week but each week you do you will get a raffle ticket for the drawing at the end of the league. Points to start at 150.