Da Mek Shop Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Warhammer 40K on Saturday at Castle of Games!

Author Topic: Interested in Deadzone  (Read 653 times)

elsh

Interested in Deadzone
« on: June 09, 2014, 09:31:33 PM »

So after spending a few hours reading forums, and trying to decide if WH40k is feasible for the present, I stumbled upon Deadzone on a few different forums. Checked out the game company's website and definitely it's cheap to get in and cheap to build up. Are there a lot of players in the area or is it one of those "We gotta build the player base." kinda things?
Space Marines - Vanilla 1500-1850

Mantanza

• Warmachine Tourney Team
Re: Interested in Deadzone
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 01:45:39 AM »

None, that I know of.  That's the problem, basically it's WHFB, 40K, or hordes/warmachine.  There are some other very small games here and there but basically it is those big 3 and honestly, only like 4 regular WHFB players even.  So really one of the other 2 are the big games to play.

Grumpy

• James
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2014, 01:32:34 PM »

Chapel has the starter kit for Deadzone... I bet he'd be pretty easy to convince to play a game.

There are a fair number of players in the area, but most are spread thin. Wargaming is a dying hobby around here.

The problem is games have no money... so they stick with what they own lots of. It takes a really awesome game to make them take notice. We did at one point have a contender in FOW with about a dozen regulars, but most moved away over the years and it died. But that was one of the few "other" games to ever make it around here, and it was because it was well written and people could see it. Deadzone might be good as well, but its going to be an uphill battle of getting others to see that. if it turns out the rules aren't up to par, people are going to flock back to what they know and what they are already invested in.
I'm a Storyteller, not a Game Master. If you do not know the distinction then we probably shouldn't play together.

Chapel

• Da Big Mek
  • Administrator
  • The Inquisition is always watching....
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2014, 03:34:21 PM »

As mentioned I've got 4 full factions, one of each, and when the second shipment arrives I'll have a faction of Forge Fathers as well.
The rules are out there in PDF Form free to anyone so go and download them and I'm more than willing to set up a game.
I've got enough that two full games could be going at once.

mephiston1216

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 12:59:15 PM »

I also went in on the Kickstarter and have multiple factions. I live a little further away from you guys (in Corvallis), but I would definitely make the trip for a deadzone day every once in a while.

insidius

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2014, 07:52:36 AM »

Play Infinity instead.  Also cheap to get started ($40) and cheap to expand.  It's also widely believed to be the most balanced tabletop wargame out there.